The BC First Nations Education Steering Committee (FNESC) and First Nations Schools Association (FNSA) are pleased to be managing the Department of Indigenous Services Canada (DISC) Cooperative Education Program (COOP) for First Nations schools. The COOP Program activities are for students in grades 7 to 12 who are enrolled in and attending a First Nations school and who are ordinarily resident on reserve.
Cooperative Education Resources, 2018-2019
Final Report and Youth Evaluation Forms are due back on March 15,2019 by 4:30 pm
- to promote the benefits of education as key to labour market participation
- to support the development and enhancement of essential employability skills
- to introduce youth to a variety of career options
- to support the provision of school-based employment opportunities
- to help First Nation youth overcome barriers to employment
Key Expected Outcomes/Results
- enhanced employability skills for participants
- increased awareness of the benefits of education
- enhanced ability to make employment-related decisions
- improved attitudes toward the transition from school to work
- increased ability of youth to participate in the labour market
- experiences that support youth in acquiring skills needed for work placements
- initiatives to provide career development information, including awareness and support activities like career fairs and leadership projects
- career planning and counselling activities
Funding Program Options
- Participation in an Applied Design Skills and Technology PLC (travel expenses only)
- Implementing a Comprehensive Cooperative Education Program
See full details in the Program Guidelines or contact us at 604-925-6087 email@example.com if you have any questions.
Download Instructions for all PDF forms
- Click to open PDF file.
- Click on the Save button found in the Toolbar of the PDF file.
- Save File to Desktop.
- Close Internet Explorer/Chrome/FireFox/Safari.
- Locate the saved file on Desktop.
- Double Click to open the saved file.
- Enter information into the form.
- Click on the Save button.
- Attach the form to your email and submit.
For any help, feel free to contact Brian Howard, Information Systems Coordinator at
1-855-260-8539 or firstname.lastname@example.org.