The First Nations Education Steering Committee (FNESC) and First Nations Schools Association (FNSA) are pleased to be managing the Department of Indigenous Services Canada (DISC) 2019-2020 Cooperative Education Program (Co-op) for First Nations schools. The Co-op Program activities are for students in grades 7 to 12 who are enrolled in and attending a First Nations school and who are ordinarily resident on reserve.
Proposal Deadline: Monday June 17, 2019
Cooperative Education Resources, 2019 – 2020
Final Report Forms are due back to FNESC on March 16, 2020
The Co-op has the following objectives:
- to promote the benefits of education as key to labour market participation
- to support the development and enhancement of essential employability skills among First Nations youth such as communication skills, problem solving and working with others
- to introduce youth to a variety of career options
- to support the provision of mentored school-based work and study opportunities such as co-operative education and internships
- to help First Nation youth overcome barriers to employment
Key expected results of the Co-op are:
- enhanced employability skills for participating First Nations youth
- increased awareness of the benefits of education
- enhanced ability to make employment-related decisions
- improved attitudes toward the transition from school to work
- increased ability of First Nations youth to participate in the labour market
The key activities of Co-op are:
- training experiences that support youth in acquiring skills needed for work placements
- career development information, including awareness and support activities like career fairs and leadership projects
- career planning and counselling activities
See full details in the Program Guidelines or contact us at 604-925-6087 email@example.com if you have any questions.
Download Instructions for all PDF forms
- Click to open PDF file.
- Click on the Save button found in the Toolbar of the PDF file.
- Save File to Desktop.
- Close Internet Explorer/Chrome/FireFox/Safari.
- Locate the saved file on Desktop.
- Double Click to open the saved file.
- Enter information into the form.
- Click on the Save button.
- Attach the form to your email and submit.
For any help, feel free to contact Brian Howard, Information Systems Coordinator at
1-855-260-8539 or firstname.lastname@example.org.