The Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues to evolve in BC, Canada, and internationally. This page will share the latest information from FNESC, the First Nations Schools Association, and the Indigenous Adult and Higher Learning Association about impacts to our events or operations due to COVID-19, and links to external resources that we hope will be helpful and informative for First Nations schools, First Nations communities, and our partners.
Organizational Updates and Responses
18/03/2020 Update from FNESC re Changes to Operations
- BC Centre for Disease Control offers a BC perspective, including advice and guidance to childcare and schools and to post-secondary institutes.
- HealthLinkBC has a wide range of resources, including Common Questions about COVID-19 and public health alerts.
- Public Health Agency of Canada offers news and resources, including printable Awareness Resources and Fact Sheets, and information on the prevention, transmission, symptoms, and treatment of COVID-19.
- World Health Organization has news and resources reflecting a global perspective.
- First Nations Health Authority has a new COVID-19 web portal, which features information for individuals, health professionals, and community leaders. Also, see the printable fact sheets: Keeping Kids Active During the Pandemic; Providing Activities for Children during a time of Crisis; and, Supporting Children in a Time of Crisis
- Government of BC resources include a new Provincial Support and Information page, the Keep Learning site to support students’ ongoing learning, printable posters, news updates, and Pandemic Response Framework and Guidelines for School Districts