The Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues to evolve in BC, Canada, and internationally. This page will share the latest information from the First Nations Education Steering Committee, the First Nations Schools Association, and the Indigenous Adult and Higher Learning Association about impacts to our events or operations due to COVID-19, and links to external resources that we hope will be helpful and informative for First Nations schools, First Nations communities, and our partners.For the latest news, see the BC Government News, First Nations Health Authority, and BC Centre for Disease Control.
Organizational Updates and Responses
- 29/05/2020 Financial Support for PSE Students Specific to COVID-19
- 27/05/2020 Considerations for Re-Opening BC First Nation Schools
- 15/05/2020 Public Health Guidance for K-12 School Settings
- 08/05/2020 Online Learning Resources and Privacy Considerations
- 01/05/2020 Supporting Mental Health during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- 27/04/2020 Edition 2, Suggestions for Continuous Learning
- 24/04/2020 Health and Hygiene Considerations for First Nations Schools
- 16/04/2020 Tripartite Communication re: LEAs, targeted funding and transportation funding
- 15/04/2020 Update to First Nations Leadership: Impact of COVID-19 on First Nations Education
- 14/04/2020 Suggestions for Families: Supporting Learning at Home
- 30/03/2020 Travel Claim Submission by Email and Electronic Funds Transfer
- 27/03/2020 Update from FNESC re Suggestions for Continuous Learning Phase 1
- 26/03/2020 Update for PSE Coordinators on the FNESC Resource Line, Payment of Living Allowance During Suspension of Classes and Emergency Assistance Funding
- 24/03/2020 School and Program Funding, Reporting Deadlines, and Continued Learning Opportunities
- 18/03/2020 Update from FNESC re Changes to Operations
- 17/03/2020 Update from FNESC and FNSA Boards re Suspension of Classes after March Break
- 16/03/2020 Update from FNESC to First Nations Schools and Communities, FNESC Services and Events Update
- 11/03/2020 Cancellation Notice, First Nations Schools Association Conference and AGM, Apr. 2-4, 2020
- 11/03/2020 Cancellation Notice, Provincial Meeting on First Nations Education Governance for First Nations Schools, Mar. 30, 2020
- Continuous Learning Resources, from FNESC and FNSA, includes suggested resources for students and families.
- BC Centre for Disease Control offers a BC perspective, including advice and guidance to childcare and schools and to post-secondary institutes.
- HealthLinkBC has a wide range of resources, including Common Questions about COVID-19 and public health alerts.
- Public Health Agency of Canada offers news and resources, including printable Awareness Resources and Fact Sheets, and information on the prevention, transmission, symptoms, and treatment of COVID-19.
- World Health Organization has news and resources reflecting a global perspective.
- First Nations Health Authority has a new COVID-19 web portal, which features information for individuals, health professionals, and community leaders.
- Government of BC resources include a new Provincial Support and Information page, the Keep Learning site to support students’ ongoing learning, printable posters, and news updates