Through a question and answer format, this publication, What You Need to Know: A Resource for Principals Who are New to First Nation Schools In British Columbia Draft (2021), addresses common questions about teaching in a First Nation school in British Columbia. It is intended as a resource for principals who are new to First Nation schools.
The draft is intended for consultation purposes and feedback is invited.
Examples of the questions addressed in this resource include the following:
- What are some of the key differences between First Nations schools and public schools?
- How are First Nations schools governed?
- What is meant by the First Nations Education System?
- What is the BC Tripartite Education Agreement?
- What is Nominal Roll?
- Can we offer our own locally-developed courses?
- How does a school become FNSA certified?