About the Workshop Series
Founded upon the First Peoples Principles of Learning and consistent with the Calls to Action of the Truth And Reconciliation Commission, the following workshops are designed for BC teachers to support them to teach about First Peoples in informed, respectful and appropriate ways.
Learning First Peoples Summer Institute
August 20-22, 2018, Richmond
See the event page for details and registration.
- First Nations school, public school and independent school teachers are invited to attend.
- Registration fee (all participants) $30.
- Registration fees must be received one week advance of the event or the registration will be cancelled. Registration fees cannot be accepted in person at the event.
Travel expense reimbursement
- Available for up to two representatives per BC First Nation school, per workshop. Maximum capacities will vary per workshop.
- See the sample travel claim form, which includes a summary of FNESC policies on the reverse. Travel claims must be received within 30 days of the event.
Schedule (all workshops)
- Breakfast: 8:30 am; workshop 9:00 am to 3:30 pm; breakfast and lunch provided.
- Registration deadline: 48 hours prior to the start of the event or earlier if capacity is reached. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
- Refund policy: Full refunds up 48 hours prior to the event. No refunds after. Substitutions allowed.
- Registration fees must be received by CivicInfo in advance of the event and are not accepted at the event.
- Pay online with a credit card during registration or phone in credit card payment to CivicInfo at 250-383-4898.
- Cheques are accepted, payable to First Nations Education Steering Committee c/o CivicInfo Mail to: CivicInfo BC, #203 – 4475 Viewmont Avenue, Victoria BC, V8Z 6L8. Include participant name.