BC First Nations Land, Title, and Governance Teacher Resource Guide Workshop
Pinnacle Harbourfront Hotel
November 4, 2019
Explore our exciting new resource, BC First Nations Land, Title, and Governance Teacher Resource Guide (2019), and discuss its applications in the classroom. The Guide is intended to provide support for teachers and students in all BC schools, including First Nations, public, and independent schools, to gain an understanding of traditional and contemporary forms of First Nations governance in BC.
The Guide provides background informationrelevant to all teachers and students, and provides suggested activities andresources for grades 2 to 12.
The Guide includes the following units:
Governance in First Nations Communities (Gr. 2-3)
First Nations Governance Over Time (Gr. 4-6)
Shaping First Nations Governance (Gr. 7-9)
Pathways Back to Self-Governance (Gr. 10-12)
Reconciling Indigenous Right and Title (Gr. 4-12)
Hunting and Trapping (Gr. 4-12)
Each participant will take home a hard copy edition of the Guide. See the pdf edition.
See the event flyer for easy sharing.
Aiyana Gonzales, Administrative Assistant, Communications & Policy
Toll-free 1-877-422-3672 firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligibility to Attend
- First Nations school, public school and independent school educators are eligible to attend.
- Max. 40 people.
- $30 per session
- Credit card: Credit card is accepted online during registration or phone in credit card payment to CivicInfo at 250-383-4898.
- Cheques: Payable to First Nations Education Steering Committee c/o CivicInfo Mail to: CivicInfo BC, #203 – 4475 Viewmont Avenue, Victoria BC, V8Z 6L8.
- Participant name must be included with the cheque.
- Registration fees must be received in advance of the event or your registration will be cancelled.
- Session 9:00 am to 3:30 pm
- Breakfast (8:30am) and lunch provided.
Venue and Accommodation
- Pinnacle Harbourfront, 1133 W. Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC
- Rate of $155+tx.
- Reservations: 1-844-337-3118 (quote FNESC – FN Land, Title & Gov Teacher Resource)
- Book by October 14, 2019
Travel/hotel reimbursement is available onlyto teachers in BC First Nations schools, maximum two per school.
When you register online, you will receive anautomatic email confirming your registration. This email is not a confirmation that you are eligible for travelreimbursement. If you do not receive aconfirmation within a few moments of registering, please contact FNESC.
A travel claim form will be provided at theevent and a sample is available on the event webpage. It includes a summary ofFNESC policies on the back.
You will only be reimbursed for “mosteconomical” mode of travel.
Individuals eligible for travel reimbursementliving more than one hour or 90 km from the event location can apply for onenight of hotel reimbursed at the negotiated rate.
After the event, mail your travel claim toFNESC post-marked within 30 days ofthe event. You must include originalreceipts for hotel, ferry, airplane, taxi and parking.
Please do not claim breakfasts or lunches onthe meeting day. They are provided.
A travel claim form will be provided at the event and a sample is available (rates subject to change). A summary of FNESC policies is on the reverse side