The First Nations Health and Science Related Career Promotion (FNHSCP) Initiative supports First Nations communities in offering health and science related career promotion activities for their students.
The programs goals and objectives are:
- To promote, amongst participating First Nation students, a greater awareness of and interest in careers related to health and sciences.
- To empower students to take a pro-active approach to planning a career path by increasing their understanding of the benefits of education as key to labour market participation and by providing information about health and science careers.
- To assist students in developing a better understanding of the academic and practical milestones that need to be met in order to access a range of careers in the health and science fields, including post-secondary prerequisites, K-12 course planning materials, and admissions requirements.
- To encourage First Nation students to have a positive perspective on continuing their education, particularly in health and science programs.
The First Nations Education Steering Committee (FNESC) works in partnership with the First Nations Health Authority (FNHA).
- Total funding available for distribution: $240,000
- Maximum grants: up to $5,000
First Nations Bands and Schools in BC.
- 2022-2023 First Nations Health and Science Related Career Promotion Guidelines
- 2022-2023 Proposal Template
Proposals Due: Monday, December 5, 2022
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for program questions and support