Nanaimo, September 17, 2019 The Grand Hotel
Prince George, September 19, 2019 Courtyard by Marriott
Prince Rupert, September 25, 2019 The Crest
Kamloops, September 27, 2019 Sandman Signature
Richmond, October 1, 2019 Hilton Vancouver Airport
About the Workshop
In 2019, workshops in this series were offered in Nanaimo, Prince George, Prince Rupert, Kamloops and Richmond.
The purpose of the workshop is to support BC First Nations schools to deliver high quality First Nations Language and Culture learning opportunities. The workshops are an initiative supported through the BC Tripartite Education Agreement (BCTEA).
Key Agenda Topics (2019)
- Best practices and planning strategies for language revitalization in schools
- Secondary services and opportunities provided by FNESC and FNSA for First Nations Language Teachers
- Language successes & highlights from school year 2018/2019
- Discussion and opportunities to collaborate with neighbouring communities
2019 Workshop Resources (reference only)
All participants are responsible for booking their own hotel accommodation.
When booking, quote FNESC Language and Culture to get the negotiated rates. Book early for the best rates.
- Nanaimo, The Grand Hotel, 4898 Rutherford Road, $145 + tx, book by: Aug. 27, 2019, P: 250-758-3000 Quote: FNESC Language & Cultural Workshop
- Prince George, Courtyard by Marriott, 900 Brunswick St, $149 + tx, book by: Aug. 19, 2019, P: 250-596-6274 Book online
- Prince Rupert, The Crest, 222 1st Ave West, $155 + tx, book by: Sep 4, 2019, P: 250-624-6771
- Kamloops, Sandman Signature Kamloops Hotel, 225 Lorne St, $120 + tx, book by: August 23, 2019, P: 250-377-7263 (quote 190 837 to receive the negotiated room rate)
- Richmond, Hilton Vancouver Airport, 5911 Minoru Blvd, Richmond, BC, $245 + tx, book by: Sep 3, 2019, P: 1-800-445-8667 Quote: First Nations Education Steering Committee Book online
Eligibility to Attend
It is recommended that Administrators/Principals of BC First Nations schools attend, along with a community representative.
Travel is reimbursable for 1 representative per BC First Nation school and 1 representative per BC First Nation to attend their nearest session. See a sample travel claim form, which includes policies, on the event website.
See the sample travel claim form, which has important policies on page 2.
Workshop 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Breakfast (8:30 am) and lunch provided.
Charleen Gulbrandsen, Administrative Assistant, First Nations Language and Culture Toll-free 1-877-422-3672 firstname.lastname@example.org