Local Education Agreements
February 26, 2018
Vancouver, Pinnacle Hotel Vancouver Harbourfront
Registration has now reached capacity and is closed.
FLYER – for sharing
About the Workshop
Local Education Agreements (LEAs) are important tools for increasing First Nations student achievement in BC public schools. At this provincial gathering, learn how to attain meaningful and effective LEAs that contribute to increased achievement for First Nations students and improved accountability for results.
Featured Agenda Topics
At this meeting, explore…
• how accountability and LEAs are being addressed in the renewal of the Tripartite Education Framework Agreement (TEFA);
• FNESC’s LEA resources and samples, which reflect recent changes to the Province of BC’s accountability mechanisms;
• communities’ experiences including what has worked for them and what hasn’t;
• strategies and tools to strengthen your planning and/or negotiation process; and
• how to address transportation concerns through your LEA.
A room block is available at the Pinnacle Hotel Vancouver Harbourfront, 1133 W. Hastings. Book online or call (604) 689-9211 quoting block #18288200 (LEA Provincial Meetings).
Book by February 9, 2018 for the negotiated (reimbursable) rate of $129+tx.
Sherrie Jacobs, Event Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org P: 1-877-422-3672
Eligibility to Attend
Representatives of BC First Nations communities with students in K-12 BC public schools and/or independent schools may attend.
Advance registration is required. 100 seats are available and priority may go to communities without LEAs.
(Updated) Breakfast 8:00 am, meeting 8:30 am to 4:00 pm; breakfast and lunch provided.
Two representatives per BC First Nations community (Band) can claim travel reimbursement. Additional representatives can attend, space permitting, but without travel reimbursement. Hotel reimbursement is available only to those outside of Greater Vancouver. Claims are due by mail within 30 days of the event.
For rates and travel policies (on reverse), please see the sample travel claim form.
Have a safe trip and thank you for your participation!