The BC First Nations Education Steering Committee (FNESC) and First Nations Schools Association (FNSA) are pleased to be managing the Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC) Cooperative Education Program for First Nations schools. Cooperative Education Program activities are for students in grades 7 to 12 in First Nations schools.
Announcement: FNIYES 2017-2018 Cooperative Education Call for Proposals is now open. Proposals are due by Friday, July 14, 2017 no later than 4:30 pm. Please submit your proposals via online submission, by fax to 604-925-6097, or email to email@example.com.
Cooperative Education Resources, 2017-2018
Proposal Application – Due July 14, 2017, 4:30 pm
Final Report Template – Due March 16, 2018
- to promote the benefits of education as key to labour market participation
- to support the development and enhancement of essential employability skills
- to introduce youth to a variety of career options
- to support the provision of school-based employment opportunities
- to help First Nation youth overcome barriers to employment
Key Expected Outcomes/Results
- enhanced employability skills for participants
- increased awareness of the benefits of education
- enhanced ability to make employment-related decisions
- improved attitudes toward the transition from school to work
- increased ability of youth to participate in the labour market
- experiences that support youth in acquiring skills needed for work placements
- initiatives to provide career development information, including awareness and support activities like career fairs and leadership projects
- career planning and counselling activities
Funding Program Options
- Participation in a collective Coding Workshop for First Nations Schools (travel expenses)
- Implementing a Maker Club Orientation / Maker Club Activity ($5,000 maximum)
- Funding a Youth Discover the Trades Event ($4,000 maximum)
- Implementing a Comprehensive Cooperative Education Program
See full details in the Program Guidelines or contact us at 604-925-6087 firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Download Instructions for all PDF forms
- Click to open PDF file.
- Click on the Save button found in the Toolbar of the PDF file.
- Save File to Desktop.
- Close Internet Explorer/Chrome/FireFox/Safari.
- Locate the saved file on Desktop.
- Double Click to open the saved file.
- Enter information into the form.
- Click on the Save button.
- Attach the form to your email and submit.
For any help, feel free to contact Brian Howard, Information Systems Coordinator at
1-855-260-8539 or email@example.com.