Call for Proposals
Developmental Standard Term Certificate (DSTC) in First Nations Language and Culture, Call for Proposals 2013-2014
The First Nations Education Steering Committee (FNESC) has partnered with the Ministry of Advanced Education, Innovation, and Technology (MAVED) to offer a Developmental Standard Term Certificate in First Nations Language and Culture (DSTC). The purpose of DSTC funding grants is to increase the number of qualified First Nations language and culture teachers within First Nations communities and schools.
- Application Deadline: Thursday, July 4, 2014, 4:00 p.m.
- DSTC 2013 Call for Proposals Cover letter
- DSTC 2013 Call for Proposals (DOC, PDF)
First Nations Bands and Tribal Councils in BC that deliver Ministry of Education Teacher Regulation Branch approved DSTC programs. Only one proposal per community will be considered. See details in the Call for Proposals materials.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Suzanne Gessner, Program Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org or Derek Payne, Programs Manager at email@example.com, Toll-free in BC: 1-877-422-3672, Local: (604) 925-6087.
First Nations Languages Conference, July 14-15, Vancouver
About FNESC and First Nations Languages
Since its earliest establishment, FNESC has actively promoted and supported a variety of First Nations languages professional development, research, programming and services. FNESC has an active subcommittee of community representatives that is focused on this important work.Currently, FNESC and its First Nations Languages Subcommittee, is engaged in a number of initiatives:
- First Nations Language and Culture Curriculum Framework Regional Workshops
- First Nations Language Roundtable
- First Nations Languages Teachers Education Program
- First Nations Language Degree Framework
- Language and Culture Teachers Pro-D Opportunities
- K-12 First Nations Language Curriculum Framework
- Developing a joint work plan with the Association of BC Deans of Education