The Summer Work Experience Program (SWEP) is one of two programs that the First Nations Education Steering Committee and the First Nations Schools Association administer under the First Nations and Inuit Youth Employment Strategy for the BC region.
“How do I apply for SWEP?” Watch for the 2013-2014 SWEP Community Allocation Letter, which will be faxed to each First Nation community in the spring of 2013. The amount in your allocation letter is the amount to use in your proposal.
SWEP 2013-2014 Resources
- Call for Proposals Letter
- Program Guidelines
- Proposal Template- Your SWEP proposal is due by June 14, 2013
- Sample Proposal
- Final Report Template (coming soon) – Final Report due Sept. 13, 2013
- To help acquire skills by providing wage subsidies for their summer work experience;
- To assist First Nations and Inuit secondary and post‐secondary students in preparation for future entry into the labour market by enabling them to obtain employment experience; and
- To enable First Nations and Inuit youth to earn wages to help finance their post‐secondary education.
Eligible recipients are First Nations communities in the British Columbia (BC) region. Eligible recipients may then enter into agreements with private sector and non-profit sector employers to access employment opportunities for youth.
See full details in the Program Guidelines or call us at 1-877-422-3672 if you have any questions about this program.