The Summer Work Experience Program (SWEP) is one of two programs that the First Nations Education Steering Committee and the First Nations Schools Association administer under the First Nations and Inuit Youth Employment Strategy for the BC region.
“How do I apply for SWEP?” The amount in your 21014-2015 SWEP allocation letter is the amount to use in your proposal which will be sent by email.
SWEP 2014-2015 Resources
- Program Call Letter
- Program Guidelines
- Proposal Template – Your SWEP proposal is due by June 13, 2014
- Sample Proposal
- Final Report Template – Due Date: September 12, 2014
- Youth Evaluations Template – Due Date: September 12, 2014
- To help acquire skills by providing wage subsidies for their summer work experience;
- To assist First Nations and Inuit secondary and post‐secondary students in preparation for future entry into the labour market by enabling them to obtain employment experience; and
- To enable First Nations and Inuit youth to earn wages to help finance their post‐secondary education.
Eligible recipients are First Nations communities in the British Columbia (BC) region. Eligible recipients may then enter into agreements with private sector and non-profit sector employers to access employment opportunities for youth.
See full details in the Program Guidelines or call us at 1-877-422-3672 if you have any questions about this program.