The Summer Work Experience Program (SWEP) is one of two programs that the First Nations Education Steering Committee and the First Nations Schools Association administer under the First Nations and Inuit Youth Employment Strategy for the BC region.
“How do I apply for SWEP?” The amount in your 2015-2016 SWEP allocation letter is the amount to use in your proposal which will be sent by email.
2015-2016 SWEP Resources:
- 2015-2016 Program Call for Proposals
- 2015-2016 SUMMER WORK EXPERIENCE Program Guidelines
- 2015-2016 Proposal Template – Your SWEP proposal due date: Friday, June 19, 2015 by 4:30 p.m.
- 2015-2016 Sample Proposal
- Final Report Template – Due Date: TBA
- Youth Evaluations Template – Due Date: TBA
- To help acquire skills by providing wage subsidies for their summer work experience;
- To assist First Nations and Inuit secondary and post‐secondary students in preparation for future entry into the labour market by enabling them to obtain employment experience; and
- To enable First Nations and Inuit youth to earn wages to help finance their post‐secondary education.
Eligible recipients are First Nations communities in the British Columbia (BC) region. Eligible recipients may then enter into agreements with private sector and non-profit sector employers to access employment opportunities for youth.
See full details in the Program Guidelines or call us at 1-877-422-3672 if you have any questions about this program.
Download Instructions for all PDF forms
- Click to open PDF file.
- Click on the Save button found in the Toolbar of the PDF file.
- Save File to Desktop.
- Close Internet Explorer/Chrome/FireFox/Safari.
- Locate the saved file on Desktop.
- Double Click to open the saved file.
- Enter information into the form.
- Click on the Save button.
- Attach the form to your email and submit.
For any help, feel free to contact Brian Howard, Information Systems Coordinator at
1-855-260-8539 or email@example.com.