Post-Secondary Education Coordinator Workshops
Terrace, February 1-2, 2018, Kitsumkalum Hall Register
Prince George, February 7-8, 2018, Ramada Hotel Register
Kamloops, February 14-15, 2018, Four Points by Sheraton Register
Vancouver, February 22-23, 2018, Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront Register
Nanaimo, March 1-2, 2018, Best Western Dorchester Register
About the Workshop Series
The First Nations Education Steering Committee is hosting regional Post-Secondary Education (PSE) Coordinator Workshops to facilitate professional development and update communities on recent developments in post-secondary. Based on feedback from previous workshops and in order to cover topics in more depth, we have expanded the workshop to two days. Additionally, staff from Indigenous Services Canada will be joining us to present on the PSE applications and reporting process.
These workshops provide information related to the administration of the Post-Secondary Student Support Program (PSSSP) and the University and College Entrance Preparation Program (UCEPP), such as identifying changes in the Nations Program Guidelines and sharing suggestions to administration of post-secondary funding. We will also be discussing and gathering input related to the AFN review of federal PSE programs and services.
Travel is reimbursable for one individual per BC First Nations community to attend their nearest or most economical workshop
Featured Agenda Topics
Administration of the PSSSP and UCEPP
Local Operating Guidelines Toolkit
Provincial PSE policy, programs and initiatives
Other funding sources
Challenges and best practices
PSE application and reporting practices
All participants are responsible for booking their own hotel accommodation.
When booking, quote FNESC Workshop or booking code to get the negotiated rate. Book early for the best rates.
Terrace, Holiday Inn Express, Terrace P: 778-634-3977
(note the meeting venue is the Kitsumkalum Hall – 14295 Hwy 16 W)
Prince George, Ramada Prince George, 444 George St, negotiated rate $124+tx, quote booking code CG2951, P: 250-563-0055
Kamloops, Four Points by Sheraton Kamloops, 1175 Rogers Way, Kamloops, negotiated rate $109+tx, quoting FNESC Workshop, P: 250-374-4144
Vancouver, Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront, 1133 W Hastings, Booking 1840450, negotiated rate $149+tx, P: 604-689-9211 online booking available
Nanaimo, Best Western Dorchester, 70 Church Street, negotiated rate $135+tx, quoting FNESC Workshop, P: 250-754-6835
For questions, please contact:
Emily Riddle or Adrienne Larocque
Eligibility to Attend
PSE Coordinators or workers responsible for administering PSSSP & UCEPP funding in their BC First Nations community are eligible to attend.
Schedule (both days)
Breakfast: 8:30 am; meeting 9:00 am to 4:00 pm; breakfast and lunch provided.
- One person per First Nations community (Band) can claim travel reimbursement to attend their nearest (or most economical) session in this workshop series.
- When you register online, you will receive an automatic email confirming your registration. This email is not a confirmation that you are eligible for travel reimbursement.
- A travel claim form will be provided at the event. See a sample travel claim. It includes a summary of FNESC finance policies on side 2.
- You will only be reimbursed for the most economical mode of travel.
- Individuals eligible for travel reimbursement living more than one hour or 90 km from the event location can apply for one night of hotel reimbursed at the negotiated rate.
- After the event, mail your travel claim to FNESC post-marked within 30 days of the event. You must include original receipts for hotel, ferry, airplane, taxi and parking.
- Please do not claim breakfasts or lunches on the meeting days, as they will be provided.
Have a safe trip and thank you for your participation!