Please see the sample travel claim below and note that there is a summary of travel claim policies on the reverse side.
Sample Travel Claim Form (updated April 2020)
Travel claims can now be accepted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. When you email your claim, you must include the event name and event date in the email subject line.
- Claims must be submitted within 30 days of the event. Near the end of the fiscal period (March 31st), shorter timelines may apply.
- Travel arrangements must result in the most economical use of resources.
- Meals provided at the event (typically breakfast and lunch) cannot be claimed.
- Each claim will be reviewed by the appropriate department and adjustments may be made to bring them in line with policies prior to cheques being issued.
- Claims typically take about 4 weeks to be processed.
- If you live in one of the 18 municipalities of Greater Vancouver and are travelling to a Vancouver or Richmond event, you cannot claim hotel. Other than Greater Vancouver area, individuals living more than one hour or 90 km from the event location can apply for hotel, which will be reimbursed at the negotiated rate.
- Include the required original receipts