The First Nations Education Steering Committee and First Nations Schools Association invite you to online workshops about capacity support initiatives and resources for First Nation School Governing Authorities. Sessions are being offered on a regional basis to provide an opportunity for networking and discussion of regional specific issues.
The draft agenda includes the following:
- Capacity Support for First Nation School Governing Authorities – Introduction and current developments
- Overview and feedback on resources:
- Draft Handbook for First Nation School Governing Authorities
- Draft Terms of Reference for First Nation School Governing Authorities
- Draft Resource Toolkit for School Governing Authorities
- Experiences from piloting a Capacity Development initiative for School Governing Authorities
- Questions & Answers
Schedule and Registration
Please register for your nearest session to promote regional dialogue.
Once submitted, FNESC staff will confirm your registration and provide a Zoom link.
|Apr. 19, 2021||Northwest Region||REGISTER|
|Apr. 23, 2021||Okanagan/Southeast Region||REGISTER|
|Apr. 26, 2021||Lower Mainland Region||REGISTER|
|Apr. 30, 2021||Central Region||REGISTER|
|May 5, 2021||Island Region||REGISTER|
First Nation and First Nation school representatives involved with First Nation School Governing Authorities, including school board chairs and members. There is a maximum of 60 participants per session.
9:30 am to 12:00 pm
Meeting kits will be emailed to participants in advance of the session. A Zoom meeting procedures guide will be included in your kit.
The event contact can assist if you have any technical questions about how to join the Zoom session.
Estefania Solis, Events Coordinator, Communications and Policy