Please see the sample travel claim below and note that there is a summary of travel claim policies on page two of the claim form.
Sample Travel Claim Form
Subject to Change. Last updated March 2022.
- Event participants will be provided with an event-specific travel claim. Please do not use the sample travel claim.
- If your travel claim does not require original receipts, it can be accepted by email to email@example.com. When you email your claim, you must include the event name and event date in the email subject line.
- Given the current Covid-19 situation, when flights are required, we recommend that FNESC event participants book the cheapest flight that is refundable.
- Each claim will be reviewed by the appropriate department. Adjustments may be made to bring claims in line with FNESC policies prior to payments being issued.
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) is available. Use this form to apply for EFT. We recommend using the EFT option for faster receipt of funds and for avoiding problems with lost or stolen cheques and postal disruption.
Highlights of Travel Policies
For full details, see page two of the sample travel claim above.
- Claims must be submitted within 30 days of the event. Near the end of the fiscal period (March 31st), shorter timelines may apply.
- Travel arrangements must result in the most economical use of resources.
- Meals provided at the event (typically breakfast and lunch) cannot be claimed.
- If you live in one of the 18 municipalities of Greater Vancouver and are travelling to a Vancouver or Richmond event, you cannot claim hotel. Other than Greater Vancouver area, individuals living more than one hour or 90 km from the event location can apply for hotel, which will be reimbursed at the negotiated rate.
- Include the required original receipts for items that require receipts.