April 15, 2020
Please find below an update from the First Nations Education Steering Committee regarding the impact of COVID-19 on First Nations education and the activities underway to support First Nations and First Nation schools in responding to the needs of their communities.
Update to First Nations Leadership
This update includes information related to the following topics:
- First Nations School and Program Funding
- Continuity of Learning
- Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Local Education Agreements (LEAs)
- Mental Health and Well-Being
- First Nations Independent Schools and Children of Essential Service Providers
- Additional Supports
The latest news relating to our COVID-19 response is available at www.fnesc.ca/covid19, where you will also find links to a number of resources that we hope will be useful to families, schools, and communities.
We wish everyone good health and invite your feedback on FNESC initiatives.