Subscribe to Event News.
We are pleased to announce that a renewed BC Tripartite Education Agreement: Supporting First Nation Student Success (BCTEA) has been signed, resulting in important and positive changes for First Nations education in British Columbia…
The First Nations Education Steering Committee (FNESC) was founded in 1992 by participants at a provincial First Nations education conference at the Vancouver Friendship Centre. That visionary group of people determined the need for a First Nations-controlled collective organization focused on advancing quality education for all First Nations learners…
- The English First Peoples Teacher Resource Guide (2018) provides support for the 2016-18 revision of British Columbia’s English First Peoples 10-12 curriculum. See our publications catalogue for more resources…
- The Aboriginal “How Are We Doing?” report, available on the BC Ministry of Education website, provides information about Aboriginal students (including adults) performance in public schools.
- First Nations Post-Secondary Coordinators can visit our PSE Coordinators page to information about funding programs, student resources, and more.
- Looking for a career in First Nations schools? Visit our partner, the First Nations Schools Association.
- FNESC Membership is open to BC First Nations (Bands). Each First Nation is eligible to have one representative on the FNESC Board. Contact FNESC at 1-877-422-3672 regarding membership questions or updates or see details on our Membership Page.
DID YOU KNOW
Each year FNESC holds a series of community meetings called Regional Sessions to report on our activities and to seek input from First Nations on a wide range of education issues.