Due to circumstances beyond our control, we regret to inform you that FNESC has determined that we must postpone the October 7-8 First Nations Languages Conference. See the latest update.
Thank you for all of the interest in the FNESC Conference! Regular registration is now full but we are accepting waitlist applications. Please do not send group registration forms as we are not accepting any more participants.
See our new Science First Peoples Teacher Resource Guide (Sec.).
Download it for free!
See our new BC First Nations Land, Title, and Governance Teacher Resource Guide (Elem. and Sec.)
Download it for free!
Subscribe to Event News.
|Oct. 1, 2019||Vancouver||First Nations Languages and Culture Regional Workshop|
|Oct. 3-4, 2019||Kelowna||Regional Session|
|Oct. 7-8, 2019||Vancouver||Postponement Notice FNESC First Nations Languages Conference|
|Oct. 16, 2019||Richmond||Annual Meeting for Superintendents and District Chairs of Aboriginal Education|
|Oct. 17-18, 2019||Richmond||Indigenous Adult and Higher Learning Association AGM and Conference|
|Oct. 22-23, 2019||Kamloops||Regional Session|
|Nov. 15, 2019||Vancouver||FNESC Board Meeting|
|Nov. 19-20, 2019||Cranbrook||Regional Session|
|Nov. 28-30, 2019||Vancouver||FNESC Annual Indigenous Education Conference|
|Dec. 9-10, 2019||Prince George||Regional Session|
|Dec. 12-13, 2019||Vancouver||Regional Session|
|Jan. 9-10, 2020||Nanaimo||Regional Session|
|Jan 23-24, 2020||Prince Rupert||Regional Session|
|Feb. 14, 2020||Vancouver||FNESC Board Meeting|
|Apr. 2, 2020||Vancouver||FNSA Authorized Representatives Meeting|
|Apr. 3-4, 2020||Vancouver||FNSA AGM and Conference|
|Apr. 17, 2020||Vancouver||FNESC Board Meeting|
We are pleased to announce that a renewed BC Tripartite Education Agreement: Supporting First Nation Student Success (BCTEA) has been signed, resulting in important and positive changes for First Nations education in British Columbia…
The First Nations Education Steering Committee (FNESC) was founded in 1992 by participants at a provincial First Nations education conference at the Vancouver Friendship Centre. That visionary group of people determined the need for a First Nations-controlled collective organization focused on advancing quality education for all First Nations learners…
- The English First Peoples Teacher Resource Guide (2018) provides support for the 2016-18 revision of British Columbia’s English First Peoples 10-12 curriculum. See our publications catalogue for more resources…
- The Aboriginal “How Are We Doing?” report, available on the BC Ministry of Education website, provides information about Aboriginal students (including adults) performance in public schools.
- First Nations Post-Secondary Coordinators can visit our PSE Coordinators page to information about funding programs, student resources, and more.
- Looking for a career in First Nations schools? Visit our partner, the First Nations Schools Association.
- FNESC Membership is open to BC First Nations (Bands). Each First Nation is eligible to have one representative on the FNESC Board. Contact FNESC at 1-877-422-3672 regarding membership questions or updates or see details on our Membership Page.
DID YOU KNOW
Each year FNESC holds a series of community meetings called Regional Sessions to report on our activities and to seek input from First Nations on a wide range of education issues. The next set of Regional Sessions will begin in September 2019.