The First Nations Education Steering Committee (FNESC) and the First Nations Schools Association (FNSA) are pleased to manage Indigenous Services Canada (ISC) 2023-2024 Summer Work Experience Program (SUMMER.WORK) in the BC region.
The summer Work Experience Program is one of the two programs that ISC administers under the First Nations and Inuit Youth Employment Strategy (FNIYES).
The program’s goals and objectives are;
- to help youth acquire skills by providing wage subsidies for their summer work experience;
- to assist First Nations secondary and post-secondary students in preparation for future entry into the labour market by enabling them to obtain employment experience
- to help students acquire employability skills, to support them in financing and furthering their education and to provide students with career and labour market information and assistance in finding summer or short-term employment.
See full details in the program guidelines.
All First Nations in British Columbia are eligible to receive an allocated amount and eligible recipients may enter into agreements with private sector and non-profit sector employers to access employment opportunities for youth.
FNESC has implemented a new workplan form via Alchemer, once you click the link below, the workplan will open online in your internet browser – Fill the form and click submit once completed.
- 23-24 Summer Work Guidelines
- 23-24 Summer Work Workplan Alchemer Link
- 23-24 Summer Work Alchemer Guidelines
- 23-24 Supporting Resources with program activity examples
Workplans Due: Friday, June 16, 2023.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for program questions and support.