Summer Work Experience Program 2021-2022
We are pleased to announce that the 2021-2022 Summer Work Experience Program (SWEP) Call for Proposals is now open!
FNESC and FNSA have issued each First Nation community a 2021-2022 SWEP allocation letter stating the specific funding amount per First Nation organization, which is determined using a base amount plus per capita formula. If you need a copy of your Band’s allocation letter, email email@example.com.
Please submit a detailed proposal based on your allocation amount by June 25, 2021 via the online submission button, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax to 604-925-6097. Please contact Kylee Mayers, FNESC, Programs Officer, at email@example.com if you any questions or concerns.
Please note: As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues to evolve, FNESC is committed to continuing supports for First Nations and to adapt program delivery approaches to reflect the current situation. Please consult Appendix A. COVID-19 Recommendations & Support in the program guidelines for more information to assist in the proposal process during these unprecedented times.
- To help acquire skills by providing wage subsidies for their summer work experience;
- To assist First Nations and Inuit secondary and post‐secondary students in preparation for future entry into the labor market by enabling them to obtain employment experience; and
- To enable First Nations and Inuit youth to earn wages to help finance their post‐secondary education.
Eligible recipients are First Nations communities in the British Columbia region. Eligible recipients may then enter into agreements with private sector and non-profit sector employers to access employment opportunities for youth.
See full details in the SWEP Program Guidelines or contact us 604-925-6087 firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Download Instructions for all PDF forms
- Click to open PDF file.
- Click on the Save button found in the Toolbar of the PDF file.
- Save File to Desktop.
- Close Internet Explorer/Chrome/FireFox/Safari.
- Locate the saved file on Desktop.
- Double Click to open the saved file.
- Enter information into the form.
- Click on the Save button.
- Attach the form to your email and submit.
For any help, feel free to contact Brian Howard, Information Systems Coordinator at
1-855-260-8539 or email@example.com.