The Skills Link Program (SLP) is part of the First Nations and Inuit Youth Employment Strategy (FNIYES).
It includes the following components:
- Science and Technology
- Career Promotion & Awareness
- Mentored/ICT Work Placements
The Skills Link Program objectives are:
- to promote the benefits of education as key to labour market participation;
- to support the development and enhancement of essential employability skills among First Nation and Inuit youth such as communication skills, problem solving and working with others;
- to introduce youth to a variety of career options;
- to help youth acquire skills by providing wage subsidies for mentored work experience opportunities; and
- to help First Nation and Inuit youth overcome barriers to employment
The First Nations Schools Association and First Nations Education Steering Committee jointly deliver the program.
See full details in the program guidelines.
Eligible recipients are First Nations Bands or First Nations schools in British Columbia. Eligible participants are First Nations youth between the ages of 15 to 30 inclusive, ordinarily resident on reserve, in recognized communities or on community lands. Eligible participants have to be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Mentored work placements are for youth who are not in school, or unemployed or underemployed.
For career promotion and science and technology activities, youth may be younger than 15 years of age.
Please submit the 2022-2023 SLP Proposals by August 5, 2022 via email to email@example.com or by fax to 604-925-6097.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for program questions and support.
Download Instructions for all PDF forms
- Click to open PDF file.
- Click on the Save button found in the Toolbar of the PDF file.
- Save File to Desktop.
- Close Internet Explorer/Chrome/FireFox/Safari.
- Locate the saved file on Desktop.
- Double Click to open the saved file.
- Enter information into the form.
- Click on the Save button.
- Attach the form to your email and submit.
For any help, feel free to contact Brian Howard, Information Systems Coordinator at 1-855-260-8539 or email@example.com.